Monday, August 5, 2013

Aspartame Toxicity - Confirmed as Real Thing

Yeah, I always thought aspartame was harmless. I drink diet soda like retards drink Mountain Dew and I've never had any weird effects. That all changed Sunday, August 4, Year of Our Lord 2013.

Granted, this consumption session did not qualify as what you would call "reasonable usage" or even "safe usage." I drank four large diet cokes with lunch. Did you sip them over the course of an hour, D.H.? No. Not even close. I slammed them like a frat boy in a contest afraid of having to eat sperm if he lost. 

On the way home, roughly thirty minutes after starting the chugging, I first noticed I lost all depth perception. Then colors started going screwy. For a moment it was like viewing my world through an awesome Okami filter. Then the colors went away and it was 2D black n white. Then the vision started fading entirely.

I finished the drive home because I'm ballsy as fuck, but the incident did stick in my head. I've heard about these effects before, particularly amongst airline pilots. I always thought they were bullshit.

Moral of the story: they're not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment